Saturday, May 31, 2014

A wonderful idea and a few updates...

Okay, so I've definitely been quite busy lately, but I figured I might as well give you all a few updates on what's going on. Because I love you like that. :)



First of all, I came across this fantastic text-based role playing game called 100 days of Syria. The author designed it as a way to inform others about what's going on in the country. The game is interesting because it is historically accurate, educational, and entertaining all at the same time. Basically, my flavor of writing. But it definitely got me thinking...because I've always been a fan of video games (whether I have the time to play them anymore is another story altogether) and especially the role playing kind (RPG's). I don't have any skills whatsoever when it comes to writing code or graphic design, but I can write (keep telling yourself that, Julius). And so, I think that I'm finally ready to marry my love of games and writing together.



I want to create a text based role playing game of my own.

I haven't decided yet whether it's going to take place in one of my books (kind of like a supplement to a novel), or whether it will be its own thing (which I'm leaning toward). Either way, I would create a massive world in which it's kind of like a choose your own adventure, and I think that it would be really, really, cool. It's like being part of your favorite novel for years on end. Can you imagine? I would love to be part of a text based adventure game by the original author of one of my favorite novels. Now, this is a long way off because I'm not going to release this "game," until I have a premise and PLENTY of material already created, written, edited, etc. So it might be a while...



However, I am in the planning stage, so if you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave it in the comments below. I'm open to all ideas because I have yet to make any kind of final decision.

In other news, Book #3 of the Angel Story Saga should be out at the beginning of July, and it's going to be a doozy. I've been waiting to write this one for over a year now so it's long overdue. If you don't know about this particular series, you can pick up the first installment for FREE, here:


Did I mention that it's free? 



I did? Okay, moving on...



I'm also in the process of ensuring that all of my titles have paperbacks (slacking, I know), and that I'm keeping a more organized focus on what novels need to be written and in what order. I'm thinking of adopting the sequel then an original work model then a sequel model. That way, I can continue to update my ongoing series and trilogies (Upgrade, I'm looking at you), without shunning anything that I've been dying to get out of my head. Well, that's it for now! I hope you're having an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment