Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Phase 3

I am in my fourth year as a full time author, and it has been a bumpy ride. I had to learn a lot. I made some mistakes. My storytelling needed work, and my editing was shoddy at times, but I never gave up. I thank God for allowing me to make this far, and I know that without pushing forward and being relentless in my craft, I wouldn't be where I am today. 
I feel as if my writing career has been in phases. Phase 1 was getting used to the way things worked. It was a lot of experimenting and troubleshooting. I also think that books that fall under this phase are my weakest. Not to say the stories aren't good, it's just that I've improved as an author, and if I could do it all over again, I would make changes. Such books were The Last of the Sages, End of Angels, and the A.E.U (don't even get me started on that, lol). 
Phase 2 was where I was beginning to shine. Books 4-7 of the Sage Saga, Obsidian Sky, The Sorcerer's Ring and a few more. I started hitting my stride, gaining more confidence in my abilities and I started making less mistakes, though I still had a lot of growing up to do. Around this phase, I started Legendary Books, LLC, and though I've only brought a few people success, I see a bright future for it. Only time will tell if I can bring success to everyone that I take under the company banner. 
But now I feel as if the next phase is about to begin. Phase 3. The start of something great. With the company gaining traction, that will be an invaluable source not only for networking but also expanding the scope of what I and my clients can accomplish. Strength is indeed greater in numbers. But what I really love is my growth as an author. I feel as if the next novels coming out of the pike will be some of my best stuff, and I think that readers will respond in kind. Just a few of these includes the new Sage Saga, more Obsidian Sky installments, 2 horror series, a few new fantasy series, and more. I'm so excited about them all and I can't wait until the world sees them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment